Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tenant Payments Now

It surprises me how many property management companies and landlords rely on antiquated methods of payment from tenants.  No, I'm not referring to barter or payment in gold...I'm talking about personal checks!  Why in this age of 'instant' payment we are still using something so fraught with danger (including fraud) is beyond me.

One of the most common reasons cited is cost.  However, with numerous competitors in the marketplace, this excuse is simply not true anymore.  Companies such as TenantPlus offer electronic payment for .65% of the rent amount.  Others, like Buildium include payment services as part of an overall online services package.


I'd be interested in hearing from anyone that has had less-than-desireable results with electronic payments.  Because, as of yet, if there is a downside, I don't see it....
But I can be wrong once in awhile...just ask my wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment